Friday, March 13, 2009

Hillbillies, Babyshowers, and the Best Weekend on Record

Sorry it has taken me so long to get these pictures posted. I have been a bit busy. But anyhow....A few weekends ago I had the best weekend on record.
It all started on Thurday night...I came home from a long day of work. I cleaned my house, took a shower, and prepared my self for a fun filled weekend of activities. My sister-in-law, Nichole, was supposed to be arriving in Pullman the next day for my baby shower that was taking place on Saturday. I was exhausted, so I popped in an episode of M*A*S*H to unwind. (For those of you who don't know, we don't have cable, and Brian has turned me into a MASH fan)
Well, me being my exhausted pregnant self, I fell asleep on the couch. The next thing I knew I could hear our dog Griz barking, and then I heard some voices and the coo of a baby. Was I dreaming? What time was it? Is that Amy (my neighbor)? And then I sat up to see what all of the commotion was about. There in my living room, in Pullman,Washington, was my sister, mom, and baby nephew. IN MY LIVING ROOM! SURPRISE! They flew up from Utah, just to come to may baby shower. How awesome is that?!!
We stayed up and talked for a while, until the excitement wore off and then we all went to bed. The next morning, Mom,Traci, and Colter, all drove to Spokane to pick up Nichole, while I went to work for a few hours. The rest of the day was spent showing them the sights of Pullman. Basically visiting the newly rennovated CUB and Cougar Football Stadium (Grandpa Wendell would be proud). Then we headed to Moscow for a stake talent show....
Introducing, "Hillbilly Rock". My dear, sweet hubby has been learning to play the guitar for about a year and a half, and finally was talked into a performance. Our buddies Todd and Josh, are a little more experienced in the area of public performances, but asked Brian if he would be part of their "group" for the stake talent show. They practiced a couple of tunes for about a month and turned themselves into what is now known as "Hillbilly Rock". And boy did they rock. It was a great performance by all three, especially Brian. It is a good thing his charms make up for his guitar playing abilitie. You can check out the live performance in the post below.





The next day was the baby shower. And boy was it cute! Jerica and Amy out did themselves. They themed the party around a tea party. We had awesome food and a great atmosphere. Amy made table runners and Jerica, who drove over that morning from the Tri-Cities, brought roses in little tea tins. They seriously planned the shower to a "tea". I am so lucky to have such sweet friends.

We got some awesome stuff, including some of Brian's old baby things. His mom was so sweet to bring his old blankets, overalls, and even his blessing outfit. Which, by the way, his mom said they had to SQUEEZE him into. My dad gave us a baby wipes warmer 'cause he always feels bad for babies when you have to wipe their little bums with cold wipes. He is so funny. My cute Grandma Bessie made us one of her famous "great-grand baby blankets". But I have to say the best gift of all was seeing all of my dear friends, and especially having my mom and sisters there. It was so fun!


Here are a few more pics of all the great people that came to the party.


Jen and Tara- You guys are so great! They came down from Spokane just for me.


Look out Martha Stewart- Amy and Jerica- The best hostesses EVER!


The Grandma's- Granny Jolene and Grandma Lynn


Nichole, My Mama, Me, Traci, and Colter Boy. I love you Guys!


Isn't he so cute! I only hope our little guy is as cute and as sweet as Colter.

I just want to thank everybody again for the great weekend. It was AMAZING!

6 comments:

Rob and Shannon LaFontaine said...

What a great weekend! I wish I could have been there with all of you. This whole being pregnant thing makes me miss everyone even more than I already do! You are looking great! I hope you're feeling well too. We're both in the home stretch now! :) Love ya!

miriam said...

Hands down, you had the fanciest baby shower I have ever seen! I can't wait to see your cute little (or big :)) guy when he comes!

tara said...

who took those pictures? they totally look professional. i really need some more skills in that department. it was great seeing you. we definitly wouldn't have missed it. have a great one and come see me on wednesday!! woo hoo!

Russ and Kristen Olsen said...

What a fun surprise! That's so awesome that your mom and sis could come up and surprise you! Your due date is getting closer!!! I can't wait! It will be so fun to get together this summer! I love the themed shower by the way!

Melinda said...

Looks like so much fun! I'm so sad I missed it.

How was Cali?

I totally want to see pics on here of your pillowcase dresses!

The Bott Family said...

How sweet. What a nice surprise to have your family come to visit. It made me teary eyes to read your fun little surprise. Aren't moms and sisters the best.

So, should we be watching for the Hillbillie Rockers on CMT?

Congrats on the fun baby shower it looked like you had a great time. Too cute.